Dental care is one of the most important and over-looked aspects of your pet’s health. By 3 years old, over 85% of pets have dental disease. Dental disease left untreated can cause severe mouth pain, bleeding, loose/rotten teeth, and can shower your pet’s bloodstream with bacteria. Studies have shown that pets with severe dental disease have a higher chance of damage to their heart, kidneys, and liver.
Oral health is the best predictor of your pet’s overall health!
While we examine your pet’s mouth at every physical exam, the key to managing dental disease is prevention!
Things you can do at home:
- Start brushing your pet’s teeth from a young age
- C.E.T. VeggieDent chews every night before bed (available at the clinic)
- Use products that have been awarded the Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC) seal of approval:
- AVOID giving bones, antlers, cow hooves, or any other chew toy that has no “give” to it when trying to bend it
- Bring your pet in for a professional dental cleaning!
Professional Dental Cleaning
We pride ourselves in the level of dental care we are able to provide for your pet. Included with every dental cleaning is:
- Full-mouth x-rays
- Ultrasonic scaling
- Fluoride rinse
- FREE OF CHARGE: toenail trim, ear cleaning, expression of anal glands
- Periodontal Disease in Pets
- Dental Home Care for Dogs & Cats
- Dental Care and What to Expect if Your Pet Needs It
- Clinical Signs of Oral or Dental Disease in Pets